The SSC NPI/Commodity Buyer will have full responsibility for identifying best sources for his/her list of components/systems and will be part of one or more Global Commodity team.
Within the context of the supply, SSC Commodity Buyers will drive to the following objectives:
Identify best sources (cost, time, quality) that meet Engineering and Product Management specifications/requirements;
Ensure continuous and consistent supply to our Company’s operations;
Identify cost optimization ideas and drive the implementation of measures to reduce product cost.
What you’ll be doing:
• Planning and tracking RfX activity according to project needs and against design releases from Engineering in coordination with NPI Purchasing Leads closely interacting with all other product related functions along the New Product Introduction process;
• Implementing our Global Strategic Sourcing process to identify, select and contract our supply partners in collaboration with Global Commodity Managers, Site Commodity Buyers and NPI Managers/Director (depending on specific organizational design);
• Providing full transparency on sourcing timeline and timely involve on sourcing decision Global Purchasing (NPI and Commodity) ensuring adherence to EPC model (where applicable). Adhere to Virtual Sourcing Process to finalize sourcing decision;
• Participating in key negotiations as decided on a case by case basis by Purchasing Governance.
Identifying areas for Supplier Development programs to maximize value from incumbents and to identify and establish alternate suppliers;
• Supporting Quality on PPAP process by facilitating exchange of information to/from Suppliers. Tracking and reporting PPAP when required.
What you need to have:
• Very good English verbal and written communication skills
• German or French or Finnish or Italian are a plus, but not required
• 1-2 years’ experience in purchasing, project management, logistics roles
What we offer:
• Attractive salary and compensation package
• Internationally oriented, professional working environment
• Opportunity for career development